Sunrise

Sunrise

Monday, September 10, 2007

Baking and working....

I rediscovered my passion for baking this weekend. I took a class at the ICE with my very good friend Elaine... "Making and Decorating Perfect Birthday Cakes". I hadn't forgotten what it was like to make something from scratch but I really had forgotten the accolades that come with a fantastically delicious dessert and how it good it feels to 1.feed people & 2. get compliments. I guess that's my "chicken soup for the soul" except in my case, it's more like "baked goods for the ego"...lol
We made 2 very decadent cakes... the 1st was a white cake with chocolate ganache and raspberry filling. The 2nd was a devil's food cake with a chocolate mocha buttercream... YUM! Definitely not for those on a diet or afraid of butter...lol
Just had a thought.... i should just bake more stuff more often and take it to my freelance gigs... somewhere along the way I am bound to get a paying customer and maybe, just maybe it might turn into a business. It's a thought......
In the mean time, I am watching History of the World, Part I... I love this movie!! Why I don't own it is beyond me! Oh to be Madeline Khan's character of the Roman empress... best character ever!

No comments: